If you're already using campaigns to grow your contact list, you should also consider replacing the embedded form (e.g., Newsletter) in the body content of your Shopify store with one from Privy. This replacement ensures that all your contacts -- wherever they sign up on your site -- sync with your Privy account and its linked accounts.
Note: To add your embedded form to the footer of your Shopify store, follow these steps instead.
Once you've created your Privy form, replace your Shopify form by following these steps:
- Navigate to the Online Store > Themes section of your Shopify account.
- Select the Customize button of your store theme.
- If you have a Newsletter section included on your page, click into the section and remove it. If you don't have this section in your content, you can skip this step.
- Disable the default Shopify form on the footer.
- Select the [+] Add section option from the sidebar and search for Custom liquid block to add it.
- In another browser tab, open your Privy account and navigate to the Convert dashboard.
- Locate and select the desired embedded form campaign and open the Create section.
- Click the Get embed code button on the Embedded Form Design card.
- Copy the entire embed code from the prompt.
- Return to your Shopify tab, Click on the custom liquid you previously added and paste the Privy embed code into the custom liquid HTML box.
- Select the Save button in the upper right to load the newly embedded form and ensure it matches your page's layout and design.
Congratulations! Your Privy embedded form is now in the body content of your Shopify store. If you're not using Privy Email, ensure that your embedded form syncs your signups to any other systems. Update these settings in the Follow-up section of the form builder.
If you're encountering issues with your embedded forms on Shopify, please attempt the following:
To disable the reCAPTCHA for your Privy forms:
- Navigate to the Customizations sections of your Business Settings.
- Scroll down and locate the Invisible reCAPTCHA section.
- Disable the Enable Invisible reCAPTCHA checkbox.
- Click the Save button.
Please contact support via email or chat if this doesn't correct the issue.
Note: When reCAPTCHA is disabled via your account settings, Privy is effectively vouching for your registration process and will attempt to waive all reCAPTCHA requirements. However, if behavioral analysis suspects that a user may be a bot or that spam activities are taking place, reCAPTCHA can still fire in the background. This aspect of reCAPTCHA cannot be disabled as it is currently one of the best ways to protect Privy merchants from suspicious or abusive activity.