Privy supports a wide range of third-party tracking codes and pixels, including those from Google Analytics, Google Adwords, and Facebook Ads. These snippets from external tools work similarly to the Privy code. Once installed on your site, the tracking code or pixel detects visits to your pages. This data then becomes the basis for better understanding and addressing your customer behaviors.
Note: A manual install of Google Analytics is possible by following the steps outlined below. However, for most users, using the Privy integration for Google Analytics is recommended.
Install your snippet
To install your third-party tracking code or pixel:
- Select the Account option from the navigation bar. Your business name appears here.
- Select the Business Information option from the dropdown menu.
- In the sidebar, select Customizations under the Business Settings section.
- Paste your snippet into the appropriate field. A snippet placed in the Tracking Pixels section runs on all pages where a display is shown, while a snippet placed in the Conversion Pixels section runs on all pages where a user signs up for a display.
- Once you’ve added your snippet, select the Save Changes option at the bottom of the page.
Customize your snippets
Personalization variables can be added to your snippets by selecting the Add personalization variable dropdown menu. These variables allow you to send additional data to compatible systems by populating the variable with the related information when the code or pixel fires.
Customization of third-party codes and pixels is only recommended for advanced users. Changes to these snippets can easily prevent them from functioning correctly. The personalization variables use the open-source Liquid template language.